Note that this policy is subject to changes without prior notice. For any queries or concerns, please reach out to the masjid administrator or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All fundraising requests must be submitted four (4) weeks prior to the planned event. The following documents must be submitted along with the request:
- Application form for collection
- Tax exemption certificate
- Certificate of incorporation
- A signed letter of intent for fundraising on the organization’s letterhead.
- Post-event, it is mandatory to promptly sign and mail a receipt of the funds collected with the exact dollar amount. Non-compliance with these regulations may result in consequences, including forfeiture of funds raised.
Friday Announcements :
To ensure a smooth Friday announcement process, all requests must be submitted in writing before Thursday 5:00 p.m. Friday announcements will be made by the Imam or a designated member of the Board of Directors.
Emergency Announcements :
In case of emergency announcements such as newborn arrivals, hospitalizations, accidents, deaths, or requests for du’a, permission from the Imam is required.
General Announcements :
All other announcements must be approved by the masjid administrator and may be delivered by the Imam or designated Shura members. In exceptional cases, requesters may also be assigned to make announcements with the masjid administrator’s approval.
Notice Board Advertisements :
Ads posted on notice boards must be approved by the masjid administrator.
These requests will undergo review and approval by the Board of Directors and/or Imam, who will assess relevant program information such as program summary and presentation. By agreeing to host the program at the masjid, the applicant agrees to follow all masjid policies, rules, and regulations and maintain an Islamic conduct.
Programs that violate masjid policy, Islamic law, or any local, provincial, and/or federal laws will not be permitted. The approved group or individual responsible for conducting the program is expected to adhere to the general guidelines of the masjid.
- Activities, programs, or personal actions violating Islamic law are strictly prohibited and may be cancelled without notice.
- All religious/Islamic matters require approval from the masjid Imam.
- Any activities endangering individuals or groups will not be tolerated and may result in reprimand or expulsion.
- Illegal activities must be reported immediately to law enforcement
- No masjid property may be borrowed, moved, or rearranged without approval from the masjid administrator.
- No personal items may be left inside or outside the masjid without approval.
- No distributing or selling on masjid premises without approval.
- Sleepovers and Itikaf require prior approval from the masjid administrator and Imam.
- Requests for overnight parking must be made in advance.
- Vehicles must be parked in designated spaces and overnight parking requires approval.
- The individual or group conducting the program assumes full responsibility for any statements or actions during the event and is not necessarily endorsed by the IMA.