InshaAllah there will be a Solar Eclipse on Monday August 21, 2017. Eclipse will start ay 10:24 AM and end at 12:49 PM
Salaat al-Kusoof during an Eclipse is Sunnah mu'akadah. Some points about (kusoof) eclipse prayer:
1. It is better to be prayed in congregational prayer in the mosque as the prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) did.
2. It should be preceded by the following call; As-Salat Jameaa (people are being gathered for prayer).
3. It is prayed without Azan (call to prayer) or Iqama.
4. It is a sunnah to prolong the recitation (of the holy Quran) during prayer.
5. It is also a sunnah to prolong the bowing and prostration.
6. The Imam delivers two khuttba (sermon) after prayer.
7. The Imam prolongs the invocation till the eclipse is cleared.
8. It is permissible to be prayed in congregational or single prayer, with a loud or secret reading, with or without khuttba (sermon).
9. It is prayed in both travelling and residence, by old and young people.
10. Children and women can attend this prayer.