In order to ensure the smooth operation of Masjid Quba: Jama Masjid – Edmonton and to better serve the community, the following policy will be implemented regarding non-IMA/Masjid sponsored programs, announcements, events, and activities.
This policy is subject to change without notice. Please see the masjid administrator or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or concerns.
- All fundraising requests should be submitted four (4) weeks prior to the event
- The following documents need to be submitted at the time of the request
▪ Application form for collection
▪ Tax exemption certificate
▪ Certificate of incorporation
▪ A signed letter of intent for fundraising on the organization’s letterhead
- Receipt of funds collected with the exact dollar amount should be signed and mailed promptly after the fundraising event
- Failure to comply with one or all of these regulations may result in consequences up to and including forfeiture of funds collected.
- Friday announcements
▪ All announcement requests must be received in writing before Thursday 5:00 p.m.
▪ Friday announcements may be made by the Imam and/or designated member of the Board of Directors
- General announcements
▪ Emergency announcements like newborn, hospitalization, accident, death, and request for du’a can be made only with the permission of Imam.
▪ Other announcements apart from those stated above require prior approval from the masjid administrator.
▪ Approved announcements will be made by Imam or designated shura members.
A requester can also be assigned to make announcements but only with prior approval of the masjid administrator.
- Posting ads on notice boards
▪ Approval by masjid administrator.
- Posting news or ads on the web
▪ Approval of masjid administrator.
▪ Fees may apply
All program/event requests should be made at least four (4) weeks in advance.
Those requests will require review and approval of relevant program information (e.g., program summary, presentation, etc) by Board of Directors and/or Imam. By agreeing to conduct the program on masjid property, the requester agrees to these conditions and will abide by all masjid policies, rules, and regulations.
The approved individual or group responsible for conducting the program will follow the general guidelines of the masjid and should maintain Islamic conduct.
Any program violating masjid policy, Islamic law, and/or applicable local, provincial, and/or federal laws will not be permitted.
- Any activity, program, group, or personal activity violating basic Islamic law is strictly prohibited and will be canceled with or without notice. Any interpretation of religious matters will be referred to the Imam
- All Islamic/ religious matters require review and approval of Imam of Masjid Quba: Jama Masjid – Edmonton.
- Any activity, program by person or group that may harm, threaten or endanger any other individual or group will not be tolerated. Such an individual will be appropriately reprimanded up to and including expulsion from the masjid.
- Any illegal activity by any individual or group will be reported immediately to law
- No masjid property can be borrowed, moved, or rearranged without prior approval from masjid administrator.
- No personal items should be left outside or inside the masjid without prior approval from the masjid administrator.
- No individual is allowed to distribute or sell on the premises of masjid without prior approval from the masjid administrator.
- Sleepover in the masjid including Itikaf requires awareness of all relevant rules and regulations and therefore must be pre-approved by the masjid administrator and Imam.
- Requests will not be granted without an advanced request.
- Vehicles should be parked in a designated parking space. Overnight parking requires approval of the masjid administrator. Vehicles parked inappropriately and parked overnight without prior approval will be towed at owners expense.
- The requestor assumes full responsibility for the liability of any statement and/or program carried out during the event and/or by an affiliated group member. Opinions expressed therein are not necessarily endorsed by IMA